When the South went to the polls earlier this year, the Republican ballot showcased a field of candidates who offered a variety of conservative views. In this region, a give-them-what-they-want-to-hear political newcomer from New York instantly grabbed voters’ attention.
Any time there is an opportunity for family fun, we like to be a part of it. The problem is that family fun is usually an expensive endeavor, and since I’m so cheap I have a pesky way of ruining the fun. That’s right, I’m the Debby Downer of a good time if it gets too expensive.
This past weekend’s weather beckoned us all to be outside enjoying the good things that are available through this nice Alabama atmosphere. It was breathtakingly beautiful.
“You’re not going to live a long and healthy life momma. You drink too much diet coke.” This was my first conversation this morning with one of my daughters.
Let’s tackle an issue that isn’t going to be too popular. I’ve seen a lot of things on Facebook and other social media outlets about breast feeding. These posts talk about how beautiful it is and how it should be socially acceptable. I agree whole heartedly, but I think there is a basic leve…
When is the last time you started a home improvement project? There is no denying that this can be a very rewarding endeavor, but it can be wearisome at the same time.
Is race an issue for you? Do you find yourself making racist comments or having racist thoughts when someone from a different background comes around?
This Week's Circulars
Coylene Swann Wall McGeehon lived a fulfilling life as a faithful Christ follower and a loving Mother to three children, Clarice, Denise and Leta. Coylene was married to her late husband Charlie McGeehon, the love of her life and shared a bonus son, as she called him, Dale. She loved her fam…
John Thomas Parker, Sr. went to be with the Lord on Monday, February 24, 2020 at age 83. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Shirley Keef Parker; daughters, Renay Parker and Rhonda Parker Wingard (Craig); daughter-in-law, Lisa Parker; five grandchildren, Chris Dowd (Jill), Juliann…
- Alabama schools will finish academic year online
- Locals do their part to help with healthcare shortages
- Jefferson County closes county buildings through April 30, purchases hospital beds
- Woods named 6A Player of the Year
- Fultondale adds rescue truck, tractor
- REACHING OUT: Bryan Elementary visits students in community
- COVID-19 in Jefferson County, 1st case reported in Gardendale
- Stores offer reserved hours for seniors
- AHSAA details guidelines for spring sports
- All-NJN Basketball Teams: Pinson senior repeats as Player of the Year