When the South went to the polls earlier this year, the Republican ballot showcased a field of candidates who offered a variety of conservative views. In this region, a give-them-what-they-want-to-hear political newcomer from New York instantly grabbed voters’ attention.
Any time there is an opportunity for family fun, we like to be a part of it. The problem is that family fun is usually an expensive endeavor, and since I’m so cheap I have a pesky way of ruining the fun. That’s right, I’m the Debby Downer of a good time if it gets too expensive.
This past weekend’s weather beckoned us all to be outside enjoying the good things that are available through this nice Alabama atmosphere. It was breathtakingly beautiful.
“You’re not going to live a long and healthy life momma. You drink too much diet coke.” This was my first conversation this morning with one of my daughters.
Let’s tackle an issue that isn’t going to be too popular. I’ve seen a lot of things on Facebook and other social media outlets about breast feeding. These posts talk about how beautiful it is and how it should be socially acceptable. I agree whole heartedly, but I think there is a basic leve…
When is the last time you started a home improvement project? There is no denying that this can be a very rewarding endeavor, but it can be wearisome at the same time.
Is race an issue for you? Do you find yourself making racist comments or having racist thoughts when someone from a different background comes around?
- Fultondale teen gone too soon
- UPDATE: 1 teen dead, 3 injured in wreck
- Fultondale students mourn loss of 2 classmates
- Police Blotter: Gardendale arrests, incidents
- Kimberly annexes property for new development
- Warrior moves forward on $10 Million financing with county
- Gardendale graduate charged with child porn production, arrested at high school
- Shelton Waldrop’s visitation to be held Thursday night
- UPDATE: Suspect identified, charged in Kimberly homicide
- New area code will mean dialing changes