A Fultondale woman was injured Thursday when a fire broke out in her home.

Fire Marshal Scott Fassina said that the woman was hurt when the fire started in a home in the 5700 block of 34th Street North.

Firefighters got the call at 9:37 p.m. and arrived seven minutes later.

Fassina said the fire started from food left cooking on the stove; the cause was deemed accidental. 

The woman was transported to the UAB Hospital Burn Center for treatment, where she is still recovering.

The victim's name was not released.

Updated Jan. 29 at 4:40 p.m. to include the cause of the fire and the victim's status as still being hospitalized.

This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you