A member of the Mt. Olive Community Ballpark's board said six juveniles were caught at the park while they were vandalizing the park with spray paint. The board member said the youths broke into a storage area, stole the paint and used it in and around the buildings at the park. Jefferson County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene. Because of the age of the offenders, the names were not released to the media, but they will be required to repaint and repair the facility and replace the paint at their own expense. The Mt. Olive Community Ballpark board says they will prosecute anyone who damaged the park's property to the fullest extent of the law.
Editor's Note: Because of the extremely foul language spray painted by the juveniles, we have chosen not to publish some of the photos of the vandalism. The photos used are just a portion of the damage done to the park.
This Week's Circulars
John Thomas Parker, Sr. went to be with the Lord on Monday, February 24, 2020 at age 83. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Shirley Keef Parker; daughters, Renay Parker and Rhonda Parker Wingard (Craig); daughter-in-law, Lisa Parker; five grandchildren, Chris Dowd (Jill), Juliann…
Lawrence O. Taylor, Jr. went to be with the Lord on December 14, 2019 at the age of 83. Lawrence is survived by his wife of 64 years, Bobbie Taylor; son, Terry Taylor (Rexana) and daughter, Tammi Wren (Dwight); grandchildren, Christina Savage (Joe), Matthew Wren, Mariah Wren, Martin Taylor (…
- Gardendale Police searching for suspects in pharmacy burglary
- Police Blotter: Gardendale arrests, incidents
- Gardendale promotes, hires personnel
- Applebees suffers minor damage in fire
- DIAMOND ROUNDUP: Corner baseball starts 4-0; GHS softball caps busy weekend
- Gardendale, Mortimer Jordan earn 1st wins of season
- Tabernacle boys, girls take the floor in Oxford
- Corner sweeps on opening day
- Gardendale gets business construction, renovation updates
- STATE CHAMPS: Rockets roll in Huntsville; Powe, Brashear, Fuller, Oswald win individual titles