Decorating class offered
A new class on holiday decorating tips has arrived just in the nick of time, according to a press release. This three-hour course offered through Wallace State Community Education will teach participants how to make wreaths, decorate with garland, set Christmas table tops, gift wrap, create holiday stationery and more.
The course will be held on Tuesday at 6 p.m. The cost is $40. To register, call the Wallace State Community Education Department at 256-352-8243.
Trafford resident enters Army under delayed entry program
Ashley L. Pena has joined the United States Army under the delayed entry program, according to a press release. The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay entering active duty for up to one year.
The enlistment gives the new soldier the option to learn a new skill, travel and become eligible to receive as much as $50,000 toward a college education.
After completion of basic military training, soldiers receive advanced individual training in their career job specialty prior to being assigned to their first permanent duty station.
The recruit qualifies for a $20,000 enlistment bonus.
Pena reported to Fort Leonard Wood in Waynesville, Mo., for basic training in September.
She is the daughter of Gregory Keith Hugeland of Trafford.
This Week's Circulars
This Week's Circulars
Coylene Swann Wall McGeehon lived a fulfilling life as a faithful Christ follower and a loving Mother to three children, Clarice, Denise and Leta. Coylene was married to her late husband Charlie McGeehon, the love of her life and shared a bonus son, as she called him, Dale. She loved her fam…
John Thomas Parker, Sr. went to be with the Lord on Monday, February 24, 2020 at age 83. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Shirley Keef Parker; daughters, Renay Parker and Rhonda Parker Wingard (Craig); daughter-in-law, Lisa Parker; five grandchildren, Chris Dowd (Jill), Juliann…
- Jefferson County closes county buildings through April 30, purchases hospital beds
- Read Gov. Ivey's Order to stay at home beginning Saturday
- All-NJN Basketball Teams: Pinson senior repeats as Player of the Year
- Fultondale adds rescue truck, tractor
- Woods named 6A Player of the Year
- Fultondale puts 3 on North All-Star Football roster
- REACHING OUT: Bryan Elementary visits students in community
- Republic Services donates masks to police department
- Hoyle reacts to a season cut short and a virtual state championship
- UAB launches new COVID-19 symptom tracker
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.