Classified deadlines moved
Because Christmas Day will fall on a Tuesday this year, the Dec. 26 issue of The North Jeffferson News will be printed on Christmas Eve. Therefore, classified deadlines for the Wednesday, Dec. 26 issue will be moved to Friday, Dec. 21 at noon. Additionally, our offices will close on Christmas Eve at noon and will be closed Christmas Day. We will reopen on Dec. 26 at 8 a.m.
Tree recycling offered
The Gardendale Public Works Department will again provide Christmas tree recycling to residents. Trees can be dropped off on Dec. 27, 28 and Dec. 31 from 8 to 11 a.m. and on Dec. 29 from 8 a.m. to noon at the public works department’s brush recycling site on Fieldstown Road, next to the soccer fields. Call 631-3394 for more information.
In a headline on the front page of the Wednesday, Dec. 12 edition, we erroneously printed “Mt. Olive Elementary hosts open house for new principal.” The open house ceremony took place at Snow Rogers Elementary School. The headline was corrected in our Web edition. We apologize for the confusion.
This Week's Circulars
This Week's Circulars
Coylene Swann Wall McGeehon lived a fulfilling life as a faithful Christ follower and a loving Mother to three children, Clarice, Denise and Leta. Coylene was married to her late husband Charlie McGeehon, the love of her life and shared a bonus son, as she called him, Dale. She loved her fam…
John Thomas Parker, Sr. went to be with the Lord on Monday, February 24, 2020 at age 83. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Shirley Keef Parker; daughters, Renay Parker and Rhonda Parker Wingard (Craig); daughter-in-law, Lisa Parker; five grandchildren, Chris Dowd (Jill), Juliann…
- All non-essential businesses ordered closed on Monday afternoon
- Alabama schools will finish academic year online
- Stores offer reserved hours for seniors
- Locals do their part to help with healthcare shortages
- Just Keep Smiling fundraiser draws crowd
- Neighbors for Nutrition works to ensure students have access to food
- Pinson Valley senior named POY finalist
- COVID-19 in Jefferson County, 1st case reported in Gardendale
- Fultondale Mayor declares local state of emergency
- BREAKING: State of Alabama orders ALL K-12 Schools closed, announced confirmed case in Jefferson County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.