A fire on an exterior wall at The Garden shopping center on Gardendale's Main Street resulted in much excitement for both humans and dogs, but only minor damage.

The fire started Tuesday afternoon at about 2 p.m. on wall outside Myra's Pet Salon, in the rear of the strip center. The wall, covered in wood-shingle material, was completely involved in moments, and Myra's staff moved quickly to evacuate pets inside.

Gardendale Fire and Rescue responded within three minutes, and had the fire under control quickly. There was no damage to the interior, and building occupants were back in place within the hour.

Myra's Pet Salon is two doors away from The North Jefferson News office, which suffered no damage.

No cause for the fire has been established.



This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you