By Sue McKay
The North Jefferson News
I would like to wish each and everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Let’s remember the reason for the season and don’t leave Christ out of Christmas.
• This will probably be my last article for this year because of the holiday season. The city will be closed the Dec. 24-26 for the Christmas holidays and then on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1-2 for the New Year holiday. I will be back after that with all the latest news in Fultondale.
• I would like to remind everyone that the city does not allow the sale of fireworks, nor does it allow shooting them unless it is by a pyrotechnic who has obtained a permit from the city. As most of you know, we are still under a drought ordinance and it can be very dangerous when everything is dry.
• Mr. Rhodes wanted to compliment the Whata-burger in Fultondale. He said every time he goes in, the staff is always so courteous and efficient and the area is sparkling clean. They get an “at-a-boy.”
• A special thanks to all the local businesses that participated in the storefront Christmas decoration contest. Everyone did a great job decorating their business and it helps get everyone in the holiday spirit.
• I would like to send a special thanks to Keith Bailey of Offroad Connection for organizing the run again this year to help with our Christmas for Kids Program. We would not be able to help as many children as we do if it were not for the participants and their generosity.
• Our heartfelt sympathies go to the family of Betty Blackman. Mrs. Betty passed away a couple of weeks ago and she will surely be missed by all that knew her.
• Please remember Mrs. Polly Goodwin in your prayers; she is not feeling very well. Merry Christmas, Mrs. Polly; we love you.
• Also remember Jerry Cone in your prayers. Jerry is the brother of Mrs. Earline Hubbert. Please remember them and all the others that are sick and homebound.
Sue McKay is The North Jefferson News correspondent for Fultondale. She can be reached at 841-4481.
By Sue McKay