By Danielle Pelkey
The North Jefferson News
Our prayers and love go out to Evangeline Sloan and her family during this time of loss. We will lift you up in our prayers and ask the Lord to take care of you during this trying time.
• We want to wish a very happy birthday on Feb. 20 to my father-in-law, Craig Pelkey. Craig is the father of Todd and Jordan Pelkey, the step-father of Jason and Derek Williamson, husband of Linda Pelkey and the grandfather of Raygan Pelkey and Jude Williamson. Pe Paw, we hope you have the happiest birthday ever.
• The 12th Annual Men and Boys’ Wild Game Dinner is coming to Gardendale First Baptist Church on Feb. 29. The doors open at 6 p.m., with more than a hundred men serving rattlesnake, buffalo, deer, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, quail, dove, catfish and more. Last year’s Wild Game Dinner drew a crowd of over 3,000 men and boys. This year’s event promises to be even bigger and better. Comedian Mike Williams will be on hand to serve up a belly full of laughter to everyone. For more information, contact Allen Oakley at 488-8716 or visit them online at www.gfbc.com. The event is free of charge.
• The youth of Pineywood Baptist Church will have a table set up at K-Mart to collect for “Relay for Life.” Please go by and contribute to this great cause.
• Happy belated birthday to Clay McCarty. Sorry I’m late, buddy. Clay turned 7 years old on Feb. 9.
• Girl’s softball registration has been extended one more week. For ages 4-14, the cost is $135. You can sign up today at Luman Harris Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Contact Daniel Baker at 369-7270 for more information.
• The Gardendale High School PTSA is taking orders for rose bouquets for the contestants of the Miss Rendezvous Pageant, to be held Feb. 23. The bouquets can be picked up in the lobby at the pageant. Prices range from $5 to $20. To order, call Susan Rice at 631-8350. Place orders by Feb. 21. All proceeds to benefit Gardendale High School.
• On Feb. 7, 12 members of the Beta Chi chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa met at Jim N’ Nicks in Gardendale for a dinner meeting. Debbie Cates, vice president, lead a discussion on altruism. She presented each member with a Valentine reminder of the ADK altruistic projects and goals for the year. A new roster of officers for the 2008-2010 term was presented and approved by those present at the meeting. The March meeting will be at the new media center at Gardendale Elementary School. Members will participate in a technology training program. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Mark your calendars for April 19 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the annual Magnolia Festival at the Gardendale Civic Center. Entertainment will feature bluegrass, pop and Christian music, a classic car show, carnival rides, pony rides, inflatables for the kids, arts and crafts booths, business expo, food including barbeque, ice cream, and funnel cakes. For more information, visit www.magnoliafestival.org. Sponsorships spots are still available until the end of February. For more information, contact Stephanie Crabtree at 930-8896.
Danielle Pelkey is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Gardendale and Mt. Olive communities. She can be reached at 631-8716 or email@example.com.
By Danielle Pelkey
This Week's Circulars
This Week's Circulars
Coylene Swann Wall McGeehon lived a fulfilling life as a faithful Christ follower and a loving Mother to three children, Clarice, Denise and Leta. Coylene was married to her late husband Charlie McGeehon, the love of her life and shared a bonus son, as she called him, Dale. She loved her fam…
John Thomas Parker, Sr. went to be with the Lord on Monday, February 24, 2020 at age 83. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Shirley Keef Parker; daughters, Renay Parker and Rhonda Parker Wingard (Craig); daughter-in-law, Lisa Parker; five grandchildren, Chris Dowd (Jill), Juliann…
- Jefferson County closes county buildings through April 30, purchases hospital beds
- Read Gov. Ivey's Order to stay at home beginning Saturday
- All-NJN Basketball Teams: Pinson senior repeats as Player of the Year
- Fultondale adds rescue truck, tractor
- Woods named 6A Player of the Year
- Fultondale puts 3 on North All-Star Football roster
- REACHING OUT: Bryan Elementary visits students in community
- Republic Services donates masks to police department
- Hoyle reacts to a season cut short and a virtual state championship
- Alabama schools will finish academic year online
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.