Garden tip: It is time in this area to plant cool weather seed such as radishes, turnips, collards, mustard and English peas and snap peas.
Here is a mixture to keep for the summer when mold and mildew get on annuals: 2 tablespoons baby shampoo with 1 tablespoon baking soda in a quart of warm water. Spray while the weather is still warm.
• Get-well wishes go out to Lynn Cook and Charlotte Reid. Charolette hurt her shoulder. I wish both are better at the time of this writing and may God be with each of you.
• Happy birthday greetings to Barbara Creel and Debbie Moore on March 28 and to Bryan Blackmon on March 30. May each one of you have a great day and year.
• Stewart’s Chapel will have a passover supper narrated by Peggy Foster on Wednesday at 7 p.m. On April 4 Stewart’s Chapel will have a sunrise service. Breakfast will be served after.
• Admission is free for the North End Council Flower Show on April 15-16. Mark this date on your calendar because you do not want to miss this show. Each garden club in the council will help with this show. Judy and Ron Overton from Overton Farms will be helping me with the Blue Star Junior Club “The Blue Star Darlins.” They will help with some plants for the show. We sure do appreciate their help. This is a great show and it is free. More information later.
• The Warrior phone books are now ready. For a $1 donation, you can pick one up at R&R Drugs. The Warrior history calendars are $5 each.
• Remember to pray for our troops that are in harm’s way and pray for our country.
Evangeline Sloan is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Warrior and Corner communities. She can be reached at 647-9655.