- November flew by at senior center November was spent, for the most part, in preparation for four big events at our center.
- The true meaning of Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is a celebration of family, friends, gratitude, eating and the excitement of football.
- Mark holiday events on calendar The dates of the upcoming activities are listed in this column today so you will be able to mark your calendar now.
- Seniors saddened by center’s demolition Mt. Olive seniors only had to look out the windows of the new senior center to watch the demolition of the old community center last week.
- A busy month for Kimberly seniors We had a great time in October, didn’t we Kimberly seniors?
- No matter what party you favor, make sure you vote on Tuesday Whether your candidate wins or loses, you can say that you made an informed decision and cast your vote.
- Take time to enjoy the holidays I am one of the biggest Christmas fanatics that I know — I love Christmas.
- Silver Hair Legislature looking after senior interests at state level I was delighted to be the guest speaker for the Golden Eagles meeting at the Garden-dale Senior Center this week.
‘Attitude of gratitude’ still intact after cancer battles
October is breast cancer awareness month and I decided to write in a little different vein this week. I would like to share with you my journey with cancer.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 1995, and I was not happy about it. As a matter of fact, I was just a little bitter.
- Thanks to council members for Patriot Day support A big thanks to our next mayor, Ralph Lindsey, and new council member, Donna Cude, for their inspiring program on Patriot Day. We sang with great gusto the beautiful patriotic songs that we’ve known all of our lives.
- More Seniors Headlines