Council raises pay
The Kimberly Town Council voted Tuesday night to increase the salary for the next mayor and council, to be voted on in August. The mayor’s salary will go from $200 to $250 a month. Council members’ salaries will go from $75 to $100 a month.
In other business, the council:
• voted to establish a bank account for the Kimberly Senior Citizen Center, which will open soon
• turned down a request from resident Ralph Lindsey to adopt a resolution stating that the town does not support mining of property recently de-annexed into the county. Lindsey wanted council members to sign the resolution and present it to the Jefferson County Commission.
Logan’s Roadhouse announced
The Fultondale City Council Thursday announced the addition of a Logan’s Roadhouse restaurant to the Fultondale Promenade shopping center. The restaurant will be located next to the future Stix Japanese Steakhouse. In other business, the council:
• approved a resolution authorizing Mayor Jim Lowery to enter into a change order agreement to add four batting cages to the Fultondale Athletic Complex in the amount of $25,748.
• passed a resolution approving 13 new street lights: nine in Fulton Springs, three in Towne Square and one at 2118 Ridgebrook Road
• approved the opening of a joint bank account with the City of Gardendale at Capital South for the 2008 Dizzy Dean World Series tournament, to be held July 17-24
The council will meet again on Feb. 28 at 11:30 a.m.