By Evangeline Sloan
North Jefferson News
NORTH JEFFERSON —
Garden tip: Watch out for all insects. I have not seen as many in several years. Keep a check on those beautiful and expensive plants because insects are attacking all plants. The first week of July, fertilize your chrysanthemums, then in four weeks fertilize again. This makes for a healthy plant and plenty of blooms in the fall
• Happy birthday greetings go to Jearld Sloan on June 28; to Jackie Crittenden on June 29; to Justine Blackmon and Michael Cross on June 30; to Debbie Palmer on July 2; and to Alison Washington on July 3. May each one have the best birthday ever and the best year.
• Happy Fourth of July greetings go to everyone. May you have the best day and be safe and don’t eat too much.
• Continue to pray for everyone who is sick. I do not have the space to add all of their names, but God knows.
• I enjoyed the visit from Emily and Carol Lennox on June 27. I hope I did not give you too much work planting all of the plants that will be added to your garden. I am blessed greatly with all the friends I have. May God bless this family.
• The Warrior historical calendars are great and they are for sale at R&R Drug Store, Jones Cleaners, Warrior Ace and Cadence Bank. Be sure to pick one up before they are gone.
• We need to continue to prayer for every troop who has fought for our freedom and for the active troops who are fighting now. May God bless all of you. For those fallen, we pray for their families as they deal with the loss and the vacant place that can never be filled. May God bless all.
Evangeline Sloan is The North Jefferson News correspondent for Warrior and Corner. She can be reached at 647-9655.