GARDENDALE — Gardendale Spring Cleanup Week is April 1-5.
The Gardendale Public Works Department will offer a curbside pickup of home discards, with the following rules:
• calls for pickup must be received before April 4
• all items must be placed at curbside
• discards such as appliances, grills, TVs and furniture will be accepted
• no hazardous items such as paint, propane cylinders, tires or household garbage accepted
• discarded refrigerators or freezers must be free of food products
• no building supplies accepted
• allow only city workers to collect items. No peddlars or junk collectors should be allowed onto private property or city right-of-way. Call the public works department at 631-3394 to schedule pickup.