The city's newest restaurant is set to open in just a few weeks.
On Monday, the Fultondale City Council approved a business license and a restaurant retail liquor license for On Tap Sports Cafe, which is under construction at 1400 Walker Chapel Road.
Todd Beegle, who will manage the restaurant, said On Tap is scheduled to open in mid-December.
The business will seat at least 99 people, including at a large patio with tables.
Beegle’s father, Craig Beegle, owns the restaurant: The family also owns three other On Tap Sports Cafes.
The Fultondale location is the only one that the owners have built from the ground up. It is being built in the style of an English pub.
Also on Monday, the Fultondale City Council:
- approved the fiscal audit for the year ending Sept. 30, 2011. Finance chairman Joe Bolton said the city’s finances are in good shape. “We continue to build a little more reserve every year,” he said.
- declared four vehicles as surplus property and authorized Mayor Jim Lowery to sell them
- approved a business license for H&H Enterprises for retail sale of buildings, awnings, garages and utility trailers. The business will be at 3522 Decatur Highway
- changed the Nov. 12 city council meeting to Nov. 19 at 6 p.m., with a public work session at 5:30 p.m., because city hall is closed Nov. 12 for Veterans Day (which is Nov. 11)
- set an organizational meeting for Nov. 5, 5 p.m., at city hall, to swear in the election winners for office.