The Gardendale City Council on Monday authorized a change order for renovations to the public safety center, which is still not complete.
The jail, among other items, are still being finished, according to Police Chief Mike Walker. He said Gardendale is housing inmates at the Warrior City Jail until the facility is complete.
Gardendale Mayor Othell Phillips said the public safety center is very near completion and should be finished in a week or two.
In other business, the council:
- authorized a draw of $332,013.58 from the Regions Bank line of credit for renovations to the public safety center
- set the date, times and location of regular city council meetings. They will be held the first and third Mondays, 7 p.m., at the Public Safety Center
- appointed Mosley as city clerk and treasurer
- established rules of procedure governing the deliberations of the city council
- designated authorized depositories for city funds and designated individuals to deposit and withdraw city funds
- reappointed Ken Thompson as city attorney
- appointed Councilman Allen Jerkins to the parks and recreation board
- appointed Councilman Alvin Currington and employee Jeff Holliyan to the planning and zoning board.
The next regular council meeting is Nov. 19, 7 p.m., at the public safety center.