By Melanie Patterson
North Jefferson News
The Morris Town Council last week certified four members who ran unopposed for their seats: Steve Jones, Louis Resha, Corey Jones and Jack Womack.
The council also appointed officers for the Aug. 28 election: Inspector Susan Ragland, registration list clerk Raymond Harris, poll list clerk Ann Smith, provisional ballot clerk Jo Beasley and ballot clerk Max McCool.
In other business, the council:
• approved the opening of an additional bank account for new court costs and bail fees
• approved getting a Shell credit card for the police department to purchase fuel at the Morris Shell station, which will save the department five cents per gallon of gas
• voted to send town magistrate Jessica Robb to the Alabama Municipal Court Clerks and Magistrates Association annual conference in Orange Beach Sept. 20-22, at a cost of $1,067
• voted to spend $13,700 to repave portions of Old U.S. 31 and Fourth Avenue at Lankford Lane
• approved the filling out of paperwork for a fuel exemption license.