Several professional contracts involving north Jefferson schools were approved by the board, including:
- Lyndsey Ragland, for instruction, music and choreography for Bragg Midle School cheerleaders;
- Lauren Gibbons, for similar services for Bragg's cheerleading clinic;
- Ryan Freeman, for choreography and custom music for Jordan's cheerleading team;
- NCS Pearson Inc., for professional development on Common Core curriculum strategies for Fultondale Elementary;
- Stormy Nyree Head, for color guard instruction and choreography at Gardendale High.
The board also agreed to a contract with Gardendale First Baptist Church for use of its facilities for a professional training session.
[Edited at 10:30 p.m. to correct spring break dates.]