GARDENDALE — The Gardendale Public Works Department will offer a curbside pickup of home discards, with the following rules:
• Calls for pickup must be received before Thursday
• All items must be placed at curbside
• Discards such as appliances, grills, TVs and furniture will be accepted
• No hazardous items such as paint, propane cylinders, tires or household garbage accepted
• Discarded refrigerators or freezers must be free of food products
• No building supplies accepted
• Allow only city workers to collect items. No peddlars or junk collectors should be allowed onto private property or city right-of-way.
Call the public works department at 631-3394 to schedule pickup.