From staff reports
North Jefferson News
NORTH JEFFERSON —
It’s Friday, and we’ll take it even with the cold and rain.
Weather: Be prepared for the rain showers the rest of the day and for rain and thunder around midnight. The high for today is 50 degrees. Rain is predicted to continue through Saturday, with some possible thunderstorms Saturday afternoon. Sunday doesn’t look much different, with scattered thunderstorms and wind forecast for that morning. The highs for Saturday and Sunday are in the low 60s.
• The annual night-time Easter egg hunt is Saturday, 6:30 p.m., at the Splash Pad in Gardendale, weather permitting. The Splash Pad is next to the soccer fields on Fieldstown Road. Remember to bring your flashlights.
• The American Legion Post 10250 and Walker Chapel Baptist Church are hosting an Easter egg hunt March 30, 10 a.m., at Black Creek Park in Fultondale for children ages 2-12. There is a special area for children ages 2-5 and a limit of 12 eggs per child, with a total of $500 to be given in prize money. Free hot dogs, potato chips and drinks are available. To learn more, call Don Vaughn at 368-3169.
• The Gardendale Public Works Department will offer a curbside pickup of home discards, with the following rules:
- calls for pickup must be received before April 4
- all items must be placed at curbside
- discards such as appliances, grills, TVs and furniture will be accepted
- no hazardous items such as paint, propane cylinders, tires or household garbage accepted
- discarded refrigerators or freezers must be free of food products
- no building supplies accepted
- allow only city workers to collect items. No peddlars or junk collectors should be allowed onto private property or city right-of-way. Call the public works department at 631-3394 to schedule pickup.