By Karin Thomas
The North Jefferson News
This week will be Hayden’s much-anticipated spring break. It looks like it will be worth the wait because, the weather is supposed to be warm and beautiful. I hope everyone has a wonderful week with lots of fun stuff planned for the kids.
• April is Autism Awareness Month. There are a couple of things going on in the area. You can visit www.alabamaautism.org for more information, to register for these events, or to make a much-needed donation to this wonderful organization.
Family Autism Night at the McWane Center is Tuesday, 6-9 p.m. The cost is $5 for members or $10 for non-members. Please call 714-8414. Reservations are required.
• Sumiton Autism Walk is April 17, 8:30 a.m. to noon. Registration is $25 and will begin at 8:30 a.m. The walk begins at 9:30 and there will be a Fun Zone for the children that will include crazy hair, face painting, inflatables, DJ Frog Show, Silent Auction, sensory play tables, food, and drinks for $10 or free for registered walkers.
• The 6th Annual Cullman Area Fun Day & Walk for Autism will be on April 24 at the Wallace State Community College track field in Hanceville. Please call Jessica Dyson at (256) 339-1151 for more info.
• Rickwood Caverns will have daily cave tours this week, Wednesday through Sunday, for our springbreakers. Cave tours will begin at 10:15 a.m. every day and run every two hours.
• You can now obtain/renew pistol permits at the Courthouse Annex/Sheriff's Dept. here in Hayden.
• I would like to wish Trevor Armstrong and Judson Kirk both a very happy birthday on April 11.
• Zumba classes are offered at the Hayden Primary gym every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Boot Camp classes will be at the football field every Tuesday and Thursday at 6 p.m., and Crunk will begin April 22 every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Pick a class and be prepared to work your “booty” off. They’re all great.
Karin Thomas is The North Jefferson News correspondent for Hayden. She can be reached at 647-9655.