Fultondale News by Sue McKay
The North Jefferson News
We would like to thank the Fultondale Chamber of Commerce for sponsoring the Christmas tree lighting Monday night. We would also like to thank Santa for appearing, the children of Fultondale Elementary for making the ornaments and the Fultondale street department for getting the area ready. Everyone had a great time and we had a good turnout.
• The Fultondale City Council will meet on Monday at 6 p.m. The next Fultondale Chamber meeting will be an after-hours meeting on Dec. 23 at Stix Restaurant from 5 to 7 p.m.
• We would like to thank the local businesses that participated in the storefront decorating contest. The winners were: What-a-Burger, best all-around; Jernigan Healthcare, best Christian theme; Fultondale Florist, most creative; and Terry Hogeland of Walker Drive won best home decoration. Thanks to everyone who participated.
• Fultondale First Baptist Church will be having a Christmas Windows live program Dec. 18-20 at 6 p.m.The tour, a walk-through of Christ from birth to crucifixion, lasts approximately 20 minutes. Please make plans to come out and see this live program.
• I would like to send congratulations to our fire chief, Larry Holcomb, who received his bachelor's degree in Fire Science on Dec. 8.
• I would like to send a happy belated birthday wish to Scottie Fassina who turned the “big 5-0” on Nov. 19. I hope he had a wonderful birthday.
• Congratulations to Traci (Newcomb) Jones and George A Jones and big sister Lexie of Fultondale in the birth of their newest addition to the family, Lathan Alan. Lathan was born Nov. 23 at 2:30 p.m. He weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20.5-inches long. The overjoyed grandparents are Susie Newcomb, Frank and Peggy Siragusa and great-grandmother Lexie Jones. We hope this new bundle of joy brings them a lifetime of happiness.
Fultondale News by Sue McKay
- Community News
Last day for ball registration
Today is last day for Morris Youth Association baseball/softball registration. You can register at Warrior Elementary School Gym from 9 a.m. till noon. The cost is $145 for ages 5-12 and $65 for ages 3-4.
Winter camp meeting set for Feb. 20
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner; remember all those you love, not just on Valentine’s Day, but every day. We are not promised tomorrow, so lets make every day count.
Remember your loved ones this week
Happy birthday to my oldest daughter, Raygan Pelkey. Raygan is turning 4 Tuesday. Raygan, you have been such a blessing to raise and I am honored and privileged to have you as my daughter.
Liver U talk coming to Fultondale
Fultondale City Council meets the second Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. and the fourth Monday at 11:30 a.m. at Fultondale City Hall. Meetings are open to the public.
What to do at the first sign of bugs
Garden tip: At the first sign of bugs, mix one quart of warm water, five drops of liquid soap, five drops of ammonia and one drop of Listerine mouthwash.
Use banana peels for plants
Garden Tip: When you boil eggs, keep the water that the eggs were boiled in along with the egg shells. You can pour the water and shells around tomato plants to keep down blossom-end rot.
A mixture to keep white flies away
Garden tip: White flies are on several plants at this writing. Mix one tablespoon of dish liquid with 1/4 cup of Listerine mouth wash with 1/4 cup of ammonia and one tablespoon of garlic powder. Over spray with this mixture in one gallon of warm water. Use the spray mixture while the water is still warm. You can use a quart sprayer or a gallon sprayer.
Mixture to solve fern problems
If you are having trouble with your ferns, use this mixture.
Mixture to use when transplanting shrubs
Garden tip: When you transplant a shrub or tree, mix in one gallon of warm water, 1/3 cup hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baby shampoo, 4 tablespoons of instant tea granules and 2 tablespoons of fish emulsion.
Autism events scheduled for April
April is Autism Awareness Month. There are a couple of things going on in the area. You can visit www.alabamaautism.org for more information, to register for these events, or to make a much-needed donation to this wonderful organization.
- More Community News Headlines
- Last day for ball registration