• Let’s remember our sick and elderly in prayer. This can be a very depressing time of year for them.
• Remember if you have news anniversaries, birthdays or reunions, let me know.
Sue McKay is The North Jefferson News correspondent for Fultondale. She can be reached at 841-6559.
Soak radish seeds before planting them in garden
Warrior / Corner / Hayden News By Evangeline Sloan
Garden Tip: If you will be planting radishes, soak the seed for 24 hours until they start to open up. Then, plant your garden spot. I find this is a great tip.
• Stewart Chapel Baptist Church will have a singing Nov. 15 at 1:30 p.m featuring singers The End. Butch Barber is the song leader. For more information, call Butch at 647-7577.
• Many thanks to two ladies from Blue Star Garden Club — Martha Absher and Faye Whitlow — for planting the beautiful flowers around the senior citizens building in Gardendale. These ladies do a lot of work for Gardendale and Blue Star Garden Club. Blue Star members are proud of these ladies. Again, thank you.
• Correction: Evangeline Sloan helped start the junior garden club in 1979 and joined the Blue Star Garden Club in 1997. She is a proud Blue Star member.
• Happy birthday to Jordan Thomas Kiley and Mary Green on Nov. 3 and Zackery Thomas on Nov. 4. I hope each of you have a great day and year.
• Warrior Day is Nov. 14. It will start with a parade at 9 a.m. and booths open will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you need a booth or other information, call Karen Thomas at 743-8882.
• The North End Council will host their annual Tasting Luncheon on Nov. 13 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The tickets are $6. The proceeds go to pay for the annual North End Council Flower in the spring. If you need more information call Cecily Chaney at 631-6361 or Betty Dobbs at 590-0281.