Bragg to host book fair
Gardendale / Mt. Olive News By Danielle Pelkey
Bragg Middle School will host a Scholastic Book Fair at the school’s media center Nov. 2-6 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The fair will have books for children and for adults. Families are invited to the book fair. To learn more, call the school at 379-2600.
• Happy belated birthday to Faith Andrzejewski on Oct. 24. We hope you have a great year. Faith and her family are missionaries to Portugal.
Danielle Pelkey is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Gardendale and Mt. Olive communities. She can be reached at 631-8716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charity drive to kick off this month
Fultondale News By Sue McKay
Remember Christmas for Kids will be kicking off this month and we need all the help you can give. We will accept donations at city hall.
• We are so proud of the Fultondale High School football team, which has been doing great this year. The pep rally and bonfire was the biggest we have had in a long time and everyone seemed to have a good time.
• The holidays are fast approaching and we need to remember our military during those occasions. I received information on a program called “Operation Christmas Cards” for our soldiers. They want to collect as many cards as possible by Nov. 20 so they can make sure the soldiers receive them by the holidays. Enlist all your family to help out in this, even small kids. Just write a small note or even a thank you and include your name and contact information if you would like to hear back from the soldier that received your card. The cards can be mailed to Amanda Sullivan, Attn: Operation Christmas Cards, P.O. Box 102, Shrewsbury, MA 01545. If you are local, we are going to put a box in the city hall lobby so you can drop it off here and the chamber of commerce will make sure they get where they are going.
• Let’s remember our sick and elderly in prayer. This can be a very depressing time of year for them.
• Remember if you have news anniversaries, birthdays or reunions, let me know.
Sue McKay is The North Jefferson News correspondent for Fultondale. She can be reached at 841-6559.
Soak radish seeds before planting them in garden
Warrior / Corner / Hayden News By Evangeline Sloan
Garden Tip: If you will be planting radishes, soak the seed for 24 hours until they start to open up. Then, plant your garden spot. I find this is a great tip.
• Stewart Chapel Baptist Church will have a singing Nov. 15 at 1:30 p.m featuring singers The End. Butch Barber is the song leader. For more information, call Butch at 647-7577.
• Many thanks to two ladies from Blue Star Garden Club — Martha Absher and Faye Whitlow — for planting the beautiful flowers around the senior citizens building in Gardendale. These ladies do a lot of work for Gardendale and Blue Star Garden Club. Blue Star members are proud of these ladies. Again, thank you.
• Correction: Evangeline Sloan helped start the junior garden club in 1979 and joined the Blue Star Garden Club in 1997. She is a proud Blue Star member.
• Happy birthday to Jordan Thomas Kiley and Mary Green on Nov. 3 and Zackery Thomas on Nov. 4. I hope each of you have a great day and year.
• Warrior Day is Nov. 14. It will start with a parade at 9 a.m. and booths open will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you need a booth or other information, call Karen Thomas at 743-8882.
• The North End Council will host their annual Tasting Luncheon on Nov. 13 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The tickets are $6. The proceeds go to pay for the annual North End Council Flower in the spring. If you need more information call Cecily Chaney at 631-6361 or Betty Dobbs at 590-0281.
Evangeline Sloan is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Warrior, Corner and Hayden communities. She can be reached at 647-9655.
Sardis festival held this month
Morris / Kimberly News By Lisa Barnwell
The Sardis community is having is first annual community fall festival on Nov. 14 from 4 to 9 p.m at Sardis Baptist Church. There will be games for the kids and adults. There will also be a quilt show for the girls and old car show for the guys. A hayride for the kids will begin at 8 p.m. A turkey giveaway will also be held. This will be a huge event for the community of Sardis. Everyone is invited to attend. For more info, contact Jeni Crane at 647-7126.
• If you have any news for me, just let me know. Have a great week.
Lisa Barnwell is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Kimberly and Morris communities. She can be reached at 647-2912, 903-5602 or email email@example.com.
Love’s Crossing church to host bash on Nov. 7
Trafford News By Cathy Doyle
We have a new church in Trafford — New Generations — located at the old Trafford Church of God. Welcome.
• November 7 is our com-munity bash at Love’s Crossing Church of God from 2 p.m. to dark and will end with fireworks (unless it rains).
• Thirst is Nov. 2 at 7 p.m.
• Happy birthday to my co-workers: Carol Goss and Rhonda McGowin on Nov. 15; Dr. Oliver Harper on Nov. 17; Dr. Chris Harper on Nov. 23. I hope they are all great.
• Happy birthday to: Austin Bryant and Garland White Sr. on Nov. 2; Debbie Lowe on Nov. 4; Peggy Rhodes on Nov. 5; Hanna Lowe on Nov. 6.
• Please remember in prayer Evangelist Mike Suggs and his family.
Cathy Doyle is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Trafford community. She can be reached at 647–1828.