By Cathy Doyle
The North Jefferson News
Happy belated birthday to Angela Tumlin on Nov. 11.
• Trafford’s annual Christmas parade will be Dec. 8. and will leave the park at 1 p.m. If you want to be in the parade, be there at noon to set up. Anyone can be in the parade; there is no charge. This is something done for the kids to enjoy (I’m still a kid and always will be). Pam Samuels does a wonderful job getting the parade together. Hats off to you, Pam. The town of Trafford appreciates all of your hard work. This year the grand marshals are: William Samuels and Amy Reid. They have also worked hard on the parades. Hats off to you two.
• Trafford’s beautification board will be selling food before and after the parade, beginning at 8 a.m. There will be turnip greens, butter beans, cornbread, fried pies, hot dogs, etc. Come out and enjoy the parade, then come by town hall and get a bite to eat.
• Happy belated birthday to Pat Lively on Nov. 16.
• Trafford Baptist Church will be hosting “One Holy Night” on Dec. 9 at 4 p.m. There will be lots of fun, including hay rides, food, prizes, a live Nativity, bicycle giveaway and much, much more. Come on out and enjoy this with your friends and family.
• Happy birthday today to: my brother-in-law, Russell Newfield; my boss, Oliver Harper; and Tyler Kyle.
• On Dec. 13 at 7 p.m., there will be a special service at Warrior Community Center. Mavis Lawson Ministries will be there. Mavis is a wonderful speaker and has a heart for the hurting and abused. Mavis has a heart for people.
• Happy birthday to: Meshelle Arledge on Nov. 19; Jerry White turns 40 on Nov. 22; and Chris Harper turns 41 on Nov. 23.
• Happy anniversary to: my sister and brother-in-law, Kathleen and Michael Glover on Nov. 21; Dewayne and Nicole Jenkins on Nov. 23; and Mike and Grace (Sis), Shannon and Thomas and Sherry White on Nov. 24.
• In memory of my daughter Deborah — Nov. 20 will mark 10 years since she went home to be with the Lord. Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same; but as God calls us one by one the chain will link again. I love you and miss you, my precious gem.
• Have a great week and if you have any news please let me know.
Cathy Doyle is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Trafford community. She can be reached at 647–1828.
By Cathy Doyle