By Sue McKay
The North Jefferson News
Spring officially arrived last Friday. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am so happy to see the green grass, flowers and trees bloom and all the lovely things that spring brings. However, the pollen that I can do without. It also means Easter is in just a few weeks, so make plans to spend Easter with you loved ones.
• The new children’s park on Stouts Road is under way and the playground equipment is being installed. This will be a great asset to the city and to all the families with children. Speaking of parks, if you are not familiar with Black Creek Park, it is a great place to walk, picnic, play ball or just hang out with the family.
• Softball, baseball and tee ball seasons are also under way. Opening-day ceremonies at the elementary park will be April 3 at 7 p.m. The parade and fun day will be on April 18, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Everyone loves a parade, so make plans to bring you kids to the elementary school fields to join in.
• The first “old” car show will be April 25 in the Target parking lot.
• Congratulations to Adam Crumpton (son of Buster and Debbie) who just passed his basic EMT training. He was notified this past Monday and that is more good news for our fire and rescue department.
• A special happy 54th anniversary wish goes to Councilman Tommy Loden and wife, Joanne, on March 26. The Lodens have been an asset to Fultondale for many years.
• Special happy 94th birthday wishes to Annie Glasgow on March 23. We hope she has a great birthday. She is the mother of Joanne Loden and has lived in Fultondale for many years.
• Remember Dianne Bolden in your prayers; she is getting a pacemaker this week. We hope and pray she does real well.
• Happy belated seventh birthday wishes go to twins, McKenle and McKenze Bolden on March 19. They are the twin daughters of Chris Bolden and granddaughters of Dianne Bolden.
• Special happy belated birthday wishes go to Sheldon Loden who turned 12 on March 10. Sheldon is the son of Phillip and Sandy Loden and grandson of Councilman Tommy and Joanne Loden. We hope he had a great birthday.
• A special happy belated “50th” birthday wish to Glen Williams on March 15. Glen is finally catching up with the rest of us who are getting older. We hope he had a great birthday.
• A special happy belated 19th birthday wish to my niece, Jessica Miller, of Hayden on March 14. She is the daughter of my brother, Steve and Sonya Miller.
I hope she had a great birthday.
• Remember if you have news, anniversaries, birthdays or reunions, let me know
Sue McKay is The North Jefferson News correspondent for Fultondale. She can be reached at 841-4481.
By Sue McKay