By Danielle Pelkey
The North Jefferson News
The North End Council of Garden Clubs will have a tasting luncheon on Nov. 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Garden-dale Civic Center. Tickets are $5 at the door or in advance from a garden club member. For more information, call Kitty Ricks at 631-9802.
• I had this poem, written by Yolande Deason Mulvehill, sent to me by a friend, and I wanted to include it in our column:
Father, I can feel someone has been praying for me way down deep in my soul. I have the peace that passes understanding because I know You’re in control. Whatever situation may come my way, I know that you’re by my side.
I don’t have to face it alone or run far away and hide. With confidence and faith I can stand on Your word to comfort in times of distress. And in giving my burdens totally to You, I find serenity and rest. So I thank you for my family and friends who lift me up in their prayers. It’s through their thoughtfulness, love and concern I know how much You care.
• Happy anniversary to my Aunt LaShawn and Uncle Bill tomorrow. They have enjoyed their retired time while traveling around the states. Hope you guys have a great year.
• The Gardendale girl’s softball association will have a reorganization meeting on Nov. 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the Gardendale Civic Center’s Magnolia Suite. Come meet the new park president, voice your opinions and present new ideas. Some board positions remain unfilled. Call Dari Walker at 631-6580 for additional information.
• House of Hope Ministries is giving away adult clothes to anyone in need on Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to noon. For more information, contact Pastor Vickie Hallmark at 647-6207.
• The North Arts Council is having their annual 2007 Christmas craft show at the Gardendale Civic Center on Nov. 9 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come have your picture taken with Santa and win door prizes. Free parking. For more information, call Angie Doss at 681-8028 after 7 p.m.
Danielle Pelkey is The North Jefferson News correspondent for the Gardendale and Mt. Olive communities. She can be reached at 631-8716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Danielle Pelkey