GARDENDALE — Joyce E. Brooks, who wrote the book, “Self-Inflicted Overload: Five Steps to Achieving Work-Life Balance and Becoming Your Very Best,” was the speaker Wednesday at the Gardendale Area Rotary Club luncheon. She was invited by club member Mark Miller, right. Brooks’ five steps spell out PEACE: Pray; energize your mind, body and soul; adjust your attitude; communicate effectively; and enjoy each moment. “The whole goal is to minimize the overload,” Brooks said.
- Oscar Mann speaks at Rotary meeting
- Gardendale honors former board member
- Just Keep Smiling speaks at Rotary
- Executive director educates Gardendale chamber about BJCC
- New football coach speaks at Gardendale Area Rotary Club
- Gardendale hosts BAMA Equipment Expo
- Former parks and rec board member recognized by city
- Major League Baseball scout speaks at Rotary
- Schools superintendent speaker for Greater Gardendale Chamber of Commerce
Gardendale mayor speaks to Rotary Club
Gardendale Mayor Othell Phillips was the Jan. 30 guest speaker at the Gardendale Area Rotary Club meeting. He was the guest of Rasheeda Burton of Alabama Power Company. Phillips gave a brief overview of the city, including departments, and gave updates on several ongoing projects in Gardendale.
- More Business Headlines